Z-Stop is a zinc moss, algae and fungus inhibitor that is applied in strips to old or new roofs. It works with any wood, flat tile, metal or composition roof. The natural action of rain water time-releases zinc carbonate, a proven fungistat, which then washes down the roof preventing destructive moss, algae and fungus growth. Z-Stop is an ideal product for both the do-it-yourselfer and the professional roofer.
Photo: Here's a test strip of Z-Stop installed on a roof to show the effect that Z-Stop has on controlling roof algae.
Life Insurance for Roofs
Yellow - Dry Area
Light Green - Moderate Moss, Algae & Fungus Growth
Dark Green - Severe Moss, Algae & Fungus Growth
A new roof is one of the largest single home maintenance expenses you will face. If you're putting on a new roof you will want to make it last as long as possible. If you have an old roof, you will want to put off repairs as long as possible. Z-Stop can help you do both. Z-Stop goes a long way to greatly increase the life of your roof - old or new!
Don't Let Moss, Algae or Fungus Destroy Your Roof!
- Moss and fungus penetrate roof surface and weaken fibers.
- Heavy build-up can lift shingles. Both lead to shortened roof life
- Red, white or black patches discolor roof. Black color on your cedar shingles is not "weathering" but roof algae breaking down wood fiber.
- Note how zinc washed down from galvanized pipe has kept moss, algae and fungus from growing.
Zinc Moss, Algae and Fungus Inhibitor for All Wood or Composition Roofs
- Inhibits the moss, algae and fungus that destroy roofs
- Installs in minutes
- Lasts 20+ years
- Use on old or new roofs
- Rain water time releases a 100% natural fungistat
- Won't harm plants
- Keeps roofs beautiful
In areas of severe moss, algae, mildew or fungus growth, several horizontal rows of Z-Stop application may be necessary to assure its effectiveness over the entire roof surface.
Z-Stop Zinc Strip (50 Foot Roll) For Roof Moss Control Is:
- VERY cost effective (especially compared to a roof repair or new roof)
- Long Lasting ... 20+ years
- EASY to install
- Completely safe for roofing shingles (unless you're fungus, moss, algae or mildew)
- Safer and works better than roof cleaning with chemical moss control or moss killer
- Applied on any roofing material made of composition, flat tile, metal, shingles or cedar shakes
- An ideal product for both the do-it-yourselfer and the professional roofer.